Please read the following:
- I understand that as a godparent or sponsor I am to live a life in harmony with the nature of this responsibility, meaning:
- I regularly attend Mass; receive the Eucharist regularly; (make use of the sacrament of Reconciliation)
- I am not in an irregular marriage; (am not an active homosexual) and I seek to the best of my understanding of my Catholic faith to be faithful to the teachings of the Church.
- I attest that I have received the sacrament of Confirmation and that I am at least 16 years old.
- I also understand that being a godparent or sponsor is a commitment of time. I will attend weekly sessions for catechesis, the celebrations of the liturgical rites, and other initiation related events to the best of my ability.
- I further understand that being chosen as a godparent or sponsor is a lifetime commitment to be, as I am able, a faithful witness of the Catholic way of life to the individual I am called to serve.
- If I am not a member of the same parish, as the person who I am serving, then I will obtain a Letter of good standing from my own parish, attesting to the fact that I attend mass regularly on Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation, follow the precepts of the Church and possess no impediments for serving as godparent or sponsor.